"I love to live life creating and caring about the people around me. And I love telling stories."
I've learned a lot of things over the years but the most important thing I've learned is that there is nothing greater than being loved and showing love. That looks different for every person. It happens in our experiences, in our relationships, in our jobs even. It is a complex and intense feeling that really can't be described most of the time. But we all express love in some way or another, that's for sure.
I don't take my job as a wedding photographer lightly. I don't care about my cameras, what cool new lens I bought yesterday, or how many flashes I'll set up around you on the most important day of your life (it's a fact that I won't set up any to be honest). Those things don't matter to me, but your story does. Your story, your loved ones, your memories. Those things matter the most, those memories and people should be captured beautifully and truthfully.
With all of those things in mind, that's why I take great joy in getting to know you on a deeper and more personal level. If you want your photos to look like you and feel like you, I need to know you. You wouldn't believe the transformation your simple photographs will have after that. It's breathtaking. Let's share in joy together. Let's cry together. Let's feel something and capture something real together.
I understand that I am not the photographer for everyone and that's great actually! So if you feel a real connection to my photos and love the way I do things, we are bound to make magic because of it.
Things I love...
- Owning my own business
- Weddings focused on love
- Taking pictures of my cat
- Artsy people
- Simple outdoor weddings
- Nature. Hiking. Camping
- Couples who make photography a priority
- Coffee shops
- Making memories with my husband
- Unconditional love
- Reading books in my pajamas
- Our town (the people and culture in it)
- Singing loudly in the car
- Making a fool of myself to make you laugh
- Telling stories
- Epic dance parties
- Riding my bike around town with my lover
- Cooking...oh my gosh I love to cook
- Serving others abroad and in our community
- Backyard weddings
- Dinners on the floor with 15 of our friends
- Controlled chaos
- Couples that would do anything to have me at their wedding
Things I don't love...
- Dance floor farts
- Ring shots
- Lots of posed photos
- Disrespectful bridal parties
- Vendor meals
- Shot lists
- Giant Wedding Parties
- Bossy Wedding Planners
- Feeling unwelcome
- Reception halls and country clubs
- Matching outfits
- Grooms that don't care about their wedding